Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday bloody Sunday..


This poster reminded me of my day today..it is something that pretty much sums up the experiences we had today. You see, with Kailey trying out for this Provincial AA team..I have been very nervous for her. Not because I don't think that she is talented enough..I know Kailey is capable to play at this level and be very successful. I also believe Kailey is confident with her abilities!
Today though, when looking out there and seeing the size of alot of these girls, it made me nervous..she looked so little compared to alot of them, its like she has to step it up twice as hard to be noticed..thankfully her speed is amazing and she is noticed for sure because of that. Sometimes, a coach will choose their players due to size..if they want a tall team, then she will pick the tall girls. This evening was the first time I have ever been concerned about Kailey's size and how it will effect her chances. I liked this poster..it totally reflects todays feelings and emotions. "It's the size of one's will which determine's success", ain't that the truth?!!! So with that said, I will not worry anymore..her will is BIG!
Besides, she hasn't even begun to grow..you all just wait!!

Sunday Bloody Sunday...Heard this song in the car today while I was waiting for Paul to come out of Tim Horton's with my Tea and his coffee..plus he got a donut!! He saved me the best bite though, it's always the last bite with the most cream in a boston creme donut, and he gave that piece to me!! That's gotta be love!!
Of course, its our tradition to go through Tim's when we are going to the arena to watch a game or a tryout, tonight it was tryout number 3...she made it!! Yeah..she did, she got asked to go back for Friday's tryout! So excited, and so proud of her. I must say this girl really really wants it, so we are thrilled and over the moon proud of her!
Paul worked again on the basement today, it is looking beautiful..I added a couple premature pictures of the semi-finished room..here are a few!
This is a picture of Kailey's bedroom doors..this side of the basement has been done for awhile..its nothing new.

Ok so here is the area that was demolished and destroyed, beside the YV is where there use to be a bathroom, it was removed and opened up. There also use to be a bedroom/toyroom beside the bathroom which was also demolished and opened up.

Check out the rounded poll..its going to be my dancer pole..lol, no not really..although Paul did suggest it!
He ordered this poll cover over the internet, its a rounded on which I really really wanted. I didn't like the hexagon ones, so he searched the internet and found this company in the United States, he had it shipped to us and it looks awesome! I love it, we just have to sand it down a bit and paint it! I am so happy with my new stripper pole!!

Well this picture just shows you how you can still see the movie screen from any part of the basement. I think this is why I love it being so opened up, you can sit anywhere in the rec room and still see the screen. It leaves more room for entertaining and seating! If you look close enough you can see the ghost that I captured?!?


This is the new bathroom location, its kinda hidden and out of the way, but it leaves us with so much more room. This is the door to the new bathroom, unfortunately we haven't started that room yet, I am sure it is in the near future! It will also be Kailey's bathroom, she will be using it the most since her bedroom is going to be down there. I know she is getting excited, I can't wait for her! She will love the privacy, especially when her friends are over. Braden will know have two full rooms to himself, and his own bathroom which he will not have to share with anyone..well only Spencer, but he doesn't mind that!!
I am hoping to have a futon in Kailey's old bedroom before Spencer gets here, it gives the guys a bit more privacy and then they have seperate rooms for sleeping, not that it bothered them to share the same room. Its just that Braden's room is kinda small with all his equipment and stuff..it will be great! They will have a tv room and video game room. Hopefully Braden and his buddies will enjoy their privacy. Well that's it for this evening! Goodnight my humble readers..

2 comments:

  1. The basement is looking so awesome! :)
    I can't find the ghost though. Haha.
    And did you know that Bostom Creme is my favorite donut ever? I think in the summer you once asked what kinda donut I would like, and I said Bostom creme, and Paul just looked at you...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what Paul has done to the basement so far! Its gonna be amazing! I know you are excited about that stripper/dance pole, stop trying to hide it!!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete