Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ole' fashion birthday party..gotta love 'em!!


Last night Kailey attended my neice's 12th birthday party. When I asked what the events of the evening is going to be..I had a pleasant surprise to hear that the birthday celebrations were going to be simply stated "nostalgic". I really do miss the good ole days when a birthday party consisted of a bunch of pre teen girls, hanging out, singing karaoke, trying to solve that ever challenging rubix cube,

pigging out on junk food and making something creative to always remember the celebrations from your friends most fabulous festive bash. Kelsey's birthday was just that, it was an evening spent at home amoungst important friends, laughing, sharing jokes, eating candy and staying up late to watch the ever popular Twilight movie. Although I wasn't there from what I heard it was a great night and all girls came away with smiles. Its sad today when people are always trying to find the best birthday party ideas, the most popular activity and who can spend the most amount of money. What happen to those days when we all gathered in our bedrooms, listening to Michael Jackson belt out Beat it,
and giggling to some of your friends answers during an innocent game of truth or dare. Lets bring back those reminiscent years, those birthday parties where we actually celebrated the day our friend blessed this world. Happy Birthday Kelsey, hope you had a wonderful day!!

This evening my mom, dad, Katie and Ethan came for dinner. It was the first time I have seen them all since we got home from Greece. I handed out thier souveingers which included tee shirts, bracelets, Greek Ouzo and Lemoncillo alcohol. We had 2 shots each and I had the chance to introduce some Greek traditions, we looked at pictures and enjoyed eachothers company. I love Sunday family dinners, they are always my favorite day of the week.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the perfect birthday! It was really nice to have the girls hangoing out, talking, designing their own boxes, playing rockband and laughing, of course on sugar rushes till early in the morning! I miss those days, those birthdays were the best ones ever! It is nice to be able to see our girls doing the samething as we did growing up! Wouldnt change a thing!
    You guys look happy having sunday dinner together, another nice family tradition!
    love u guys, glad Kailey could come!

    ReplyDelete