Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Easter time, just around the corner...



These two photos were taken from the Pottery Barn Spring catalogue. I just love their stuff, I think maybe I'll attempt this cute center piece for the easter holiday.

I use to be so big on decortating the house for every single holiday possbile. I would have the kids make crafts such as spring flowers, easter eggs,little bunnies and I would tape them all over the kitchen cupboards. I also had the fridge covered in all their wonderful artful cleverness, the house was always filled with theme decorations I did this to make our home feel warm. Of course being an early childhood educator, back then...it was in my blood. The kids still make fun of me today, I love crafts..I love doing them with the kids, they however have outgrown this and no longer amuse me! Times have changed, the kids are growing and my fridge and cupboards are bare, no longer sporting my flower cutouts or easter egg colouring pages. A part of me wishes dearly, they would just love to make easter cupcakes and decorate eggs with me...thankfully though with life changing and taking different directions, I too have somewhat outgrown those crafty afternoons. They keep me busy with so many other projects, we may not be colouring or making easter bunny hand puppets anymore..but don't let that fool you, their creativity shines in many other ways. Its always an adventure, there is never a dull moment...I love watching them colour their own worlds...they are creating a master piece for themselves, I just hope they always have fun doing so....

No comments:

Post a Comment