Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Italy bound...





Well here it is my friends, this is the Itinerary for our trip to Italy and Greece...
Day 1 - Fly overnight to Italy
Day 2 - Rome

Arrive in Rome
Day 3 - Rome

Take a guided tour of Vatican City:
•Sistine Chapel
•St. Peter’s Basilica
Take a guided tour of Rome:
•Forum Romanum
Visit the Colosseum
Take a walking tour of Rome:
•Pantheon
•Trevi Fountain
Day 4 - Rome

Enjoy a free day in Rome
Optional: Florence
Day 5 - Capri • Sorrento

Travel to Capri
Take a guided tour of Capri
Take an island cruise
Continue on to Sorrento
Day 6 - Pompeii • Brindisi • Night ferry

Travel to Pompeii
Take a guided tour of Pompeii
Continue on to an Italian port
Board an overnight ferry to Patras
Day 7 - Patras • Delphi

Arrive in Patras and travel to Delphi
Day 8 - Delphi • Athens

Take a guided tour of Delphi:
•Temple of Apollo
Visit the Delphi Museum
Travel to Athens
Day 9 - Athens

Take a guided tour of Athens:
•Olympic stadium
•Omonia and Syntagma squares
Visit the Acropolis:
•Parthenon
•Temple of Athena Nike
Take a walking tour of Athens:
•Plaka district and Hadrian’s Arch
•Temple of Olympian Zeus
Optional: Greek Evening
Day 10 - Depart for home
Tonight we had a meeting at the school to go over some last minute details and some travel tips. We got some great advice and some reminders of important things to remember when travelling in Europe. There is a group of 54 people, which includes kids and some parents. I am not sure that I would be ready to let Kailey travel to another part of the world without one of us with her. There are 7 children travelling without a parent. They will be very well taken care of, supervision is not an issue...I just think she would get homesick, who would kiss her goodnight and tuck her in?? Maybe it would be harder on me?? She would probably be fine, lets just say it's a good thing I am going..for my sake!!
I have so much to do inorder to get ready, I think I will start shopping this weekend, the biggest obstacle is going to be laundry facilities..apparently there are none and I will be washing my bloomers in the bathroom sink then hanging them to dry. Not my style of a holiday...where is the laundry service and the 52" TV?? People keep telling me that I am in for a big surprise. Hopefully Colleen is feeling better before we leave, she hurt her back and was out of commission for 2 weeks. Thankfully she is starting to feel better...she is so high maintanence..gosh, she can't breathe, she snores and know her back is out!! I'm not carrying her or her backpack..you all know what happened the last time I travelled with a needy friend!! LOL..just joking, she will be fine..I will feed her lots of wine and she has her meds....its all good!!
Here are some pics of the hotels that we will be staying at:

This is hotel Aiolos in Greece!

This hotel is in Italy and it is called Hotel Ciampino, looks beautiful!

This hotel is in Greece and is called The Galaxy Hotel..I am so excited, this is going to be an amazing trip and I am so happy to have the opportunity to spend it with my friend Colleen and her daughter Kayla as well as my baby girl! It is going to be unforgettable! I hope our daughters realize the significance of this trip!!

This is a view from one of our hotel rooms, just can't remember which one, I know its in Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment