Monday, February 15, 2010

Congratulations Canada


I must say that I am pretty darn proud to be a Canadian! I have been loving the Olymipic coverage and am thrilled to see all the support, love and dedication shining through our Canadian athletes. Friday evening was amazing, I thought that our opening ceremonies were fantastic. I feel that we as Canadian's showed the world that we are a strong, powerful, proud nation filled with all kinds of abilities. I have to admit that I did cry when Rick Hanson rolled out on that platform carrying that torch with him. As a mom of a physically challenged child, it was a moment of glory. My heart amplifies a little more everytime reference is made to our society that we are all equal regardless of our abilities or disabilities. It is in these instants that make my world a better place. Thank you Canada for being so wonderful, it was a unified moment for our family.
Congratulations to Alexandre Bilodeau, on our first gold medal in Freestyle Moguls...you are a true Canadian hero! I hope everyone is enjoying the Olympic coverage and is cheering on as loudly from their livingrooms as we are from ours! Way to go Canada Girls Hockey..naturally you rock!!
Happy family day to everyone, hope you all had a great day spent with your families! We were off to Toronto to do some shopping. It was a successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment