Friday, January 15, 2010

Thanks Dad!


It really doesn't matter how old you are, you always want your parents to be proud of what you have accomplished. My parents have always and forever been at my side, encouraging, inspiring and protecting every step that i have taken. Thank god they have allowed me to take my own steps and only sometimes holding my hand to guide me. Tonight my dad called me to let me know that he was reading my blogs. He said that I am doing a wonderful job and he was proud of me, he said I was a great writer. This phone call made me smile from ear to ear, I felt like a 10 year old girl who just passed a math test and he was telling me how proud he was of me! I haven't felt like this in years, my mom always tells me how proud she is. My dad does too, all the time he lets me know...but tonight was different! I was on cloud nine, so happy that at 39 years old I was still making my parents proud! What a feeling, thanks dad! I love you so much and I am happy that you are my dad! You have always been a strong, influential, significant person who I have learned a great deal from. I believe its your authoritative figure and rough edges that have been instilled in my spirit and has taught and enabled me to rise when I have surrendered.
Ok, so with that said and all the excitment from his phone call..naturally he had to let me know that I spelt "Kitchener" wrong in one of my blogs. So you see he builds me up...then shoots me down! He makes me laugh...thanks for that dad!!
This blog was about my dad, not everything but just a glimpse. I don't have enough time to get into the real significance of my parents presense in my life..I could go on forever. I will however have much to say some day not only about my dad but of course about the only women who has ever given me back my breath when I felt I had no more, when I could not or would not breath. My mom is my life, she has the ability with one touch to make my world ok again, she is the one who laughs with me, cries with me or just listens when I need her too.
So, Paul..don't be jealous! I will write about our most fabulous life together.. sometime. Actually Sparkee I love you soo much that I will write a whole book about it, the good the bad and the ugly! I hope you are prepared...

2 comments:

  1. Awe. This is great! Papa is fantastic, and so is Nana. Love you all! And Paul. Sparkee. What a punk. Lol. I think your writing has actually improved a lot from the first blog to this one, which has been like, 2 weeks? Before I would notice a few spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes such as "i" and "I." But look at it not, I don't see any! Keep it up Chrissy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, oh SPencer thanks for the encouragement! But, i had to laugh at papa because there are WAY more than just that one spelling mistake..lol, i am aware of all the oop's in my blogs. Its mostly because I am writing so late at night, and I am so tired by then. Also my mind goes faster than my typing ability so I tend to get sloppy...my goal tho is to try and blog earlier in the day so that I am not so tired, hopefully that helps! Take care bud, see you soooonn!!

    ReplyDelete