Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Once the dust settles...

Well I tried so hard to upload a video that I did tonight. I wanted to post a quick video of the renovations taking place in our basement. Last night I was up until 11:30 trying to upload a video of Braden walking on the treadmill. Unfortunately its just black and you cannot see anything. Finally this evening while searching for an answer to this problem I found that blogger is actually having the problem and is looking for a fix. So once they fix the bug in the program, i"ll upload my reno video.
As the title says "Once the dust settles" things will be clearer. I spent most of the day cleaning this house today, due to the dust traveling upstairs. What a mess, i am constantly vaccumming and dusting. It is only going to get worse too, once Paul starts to drywall and then sand the seams...it will get messy again.

I have decided not to let Kailey move into her new bedroom until the dust has settled. No point really in moving all her stuff down there and then have to clean it at the end of each day. She is happy where she is for now! The picture below is her new bedroom doors..Paul did a most fabulous job on them, they are beautiful!

Other than all the cleaning today was good, I ran this morning and had a great run, then I cleaned and hit the hot tub for 15 minutes just to relax my old bones. It was so nice in there today, so warm and the sun was making me sleepy. I almost felt like I was at a resort, untill Harley came over with his cold wet nose and planted a kiss on my cheek, then Finley dropped her tennis ball into the water so I would throw it so she could run and get it! Braden took us out for dinner tonight...it was awesome! He took us all to Red Lobster for a treat, it was delicious. He had asked if i would cook some lobster tails and I said nope, he would have to take us out! Guess what, he agreed and said ok how about Wednesday..i think he felt pretty good with himself taking his family out for dinner! He joked that we couldn't have anything over $30.00..Paul of course said he was going to start a tab at the bar. Thank you for dinner tonight Braden, we had alot of fun and enjoyed the conversation over dinner. It was a good day..tomorrow morning we are going to the gym, then I have to get my passport pics done because Greece isn't too far away!

3 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic!! :)
    Can't wait for the videos to work, lol!
    And look at Braden go, what a bro! Glad you had a great day, and great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drywall dust is like little children.... It gets into everything.... It looks like you're having fun with your reno....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always a lot of work and dust doings renos but once the work is all ove it its worth it. Kaileys room isnt even done yet and still looks amazing at the stage its at. Paul does great work thats for sure. Its gonna look amazing when its done and cant wait to see it.
    I cant believe its almost Greece time already! I wish kelsey and I were going with you guys lol, I am sure someday.!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete