Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Pecan tart in a jar


Typically I wouldn't make a dessert like this until the fall. Autumn to me would host the best of pecan and butter tarts. The crisp toasted pecans are perfect for the fall harvest season. For me however, pecan tarts are my all time favorite thing in the world. So I will make them any time of the year.
Anyways I wanted to share this idea with you, I absolutely love desserts in jars. I think they make great gifts for others as well. This dessert can be frozen and can last up to 6 months in the freezer.  




  • 2 cups pecan halves, coarsely broken
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ¾ cup light corn syrup
  • ¾ cup dark corn syrup
  • 4 eggs
  • ¼ cup butter
  • 1½ teaspoons vanilla
  • pinch salt
  • 2 refrigerated 9 inch pie crust dough
  •  

    Preheat oven to 350°. Spread pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes to toast them. Set aside and let cool while you prepare the filling.
     
     

     
     
     
    In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrups together for 2 minutes; set aside to cool slightly
     
    In large bowl beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly so they don’t scramble.
    Stir in butter, vanilla, and salt.
     
     

     
    Spray all jars with non-stick cooking spray. Fill jars with pieces of dough half of the way up the jar and press down to fill the bottom and ⅓ of the way up the sides. Fill the bottom with a good layer of pecans and then pour filling to just below the lip.
     
    Place the jars on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes until done. Check at 25 minutes and cover top with aluminum foil if it is getting too dark on top. Let cool for several hours before serving. Serve with sweetened whip cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.

    Tie with twine to make them extra special!
     
    I would love to receive something like this as a gift. There's nothing like a homemade treat from a loved one.
     
    Well my lovelies, until tomorrow good night and god bless~
     

    1 comment:

    1. If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

      I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

      Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

      If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.

      Sincerely,

      Emily

      ReplyDelete