Sunday, January 3, 2016

Mug Cakes In My Stockings~

 
For Christmas this year I received these two books in my stocking! I love mug cakes, always have. We've had a lot of fun trying out recipes that I have found on Pinterest. But these books have some really easy, very cool ideas. I can't remember which evening I tried this recipe out it was sometime last week. I have to say...it was really really good! I made some for Paul and I. The recipes are so easy to make too..and the one I am sharing actually looked exactly like the one in the book. 


So you start out with some butter, melted in a microwave safe bowl.



While melting your butter you can crack open a egg into your mug...



And whisk...
 

Add some brown sugar

and some vanilla extract


This recipe calls for 5 tablespoons of flour and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder


Add 2 tablespoons of light cream


Then you put it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes.

It cooks and rises amazingly...I was shocked too see how well they turned out.


Then you make some icing with 6 tablespoons of icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of water and stir.
Then you top of the mug cakes with the icing and add some sprinkles..and Voila...gorgeous, delicious mug cakes. I also got some cake forks for my new obsession with mug cakes.
Paul let me take a picture of him enjoying his cake. I plan on making more of these and posting as I try them. Just a little fun here, especially during the cold winter months.
Well my lovelies, I hope you are all doing well...until tomorrow good night and god bless~

5 comments:

  1. They look awesome. Those books are such a great idea. Something I would enjoy. Let me know how they all turn out. Lol. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure!! It's kinda cool actually having lots of fun with them!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete