Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Halloween 2015~ Martz's Annual Halloween Party #CarnEVIL


Hello my friends, I am very late with the next few posts. Actually going all the way back to Halloween. Paul and I have always loved Halloween, before we started our Annual Halloween Party we always made plans to attend some sort of function on Halloween. There was a few quiet years when the kids were little that we boycotted Halloween mostly because we were so busy with the kids and all their plans.
I missed our Halloween events, and about 3 years ago decided to start up our own Halloween party. Initially we had them at the cottage, but then we wanted to invite more people. SO having it in our home seemed much more doable as we could house more people.
Each year we set a theme, and ask our guests to dress according to the theme. Last year was a Zombie theme and this year was a CarnEVIL/ Freakshow. So we had most of our friends show up in some of the most amazing costumes I have seen yet. The amount of work they put into their costumes amazes me! For the past 3 years I find myself looking forward to what each of them come up with.
Everyone does such a great job, I on the other hand do not focus on my own costume. I am never really happy with my own costume but the amount of work I put into my home, is where my happiness lies.
Paul and I start decorating about a week before the party, and I start finding my ideas usually during the summer before that Halloween. Except Halloween 2016, I already have the "theme" and some decorating ideas stored away.
I did have a couple people who spoke up and were concerned about the costume/theme idea. I suppose dressing up isn't everyone's favorite thing to do. I explained to those who were not comfortable with it, that I would much rather them show up with no costume then to not come at all. Although I love Halloween and I love to see the costumes, its far more important that you come by and enjoy yourself than it is too show up dressed up.
Thankfully...we had an amazing turn out. I was beside myself excited with everyone who came out. It was truly so nice to see everyone, and I am already looking forward to next year~
 

This was our circus tent, we had the food under here. This was my favorite part of decorating. Paul and I had so much fun working together and coming up with this idea.
 

This is Esmerelda, our Fortune Teller. Paul and I made her together, and we had a lot of fun with that as well. I am going to blog our progress while making her. That will follow soon, in the next few days~

Creepy CarnEVIL...our entrance.


Our friend Steve made this for our food table. He did a great job, so impressed~


It was so nice to finally meet Teus (Old work friend of Paul's) new girlfriend. She is the pretty lady in the yellow on the left. Nadine is Mike's girlfriend, it was wonderful to have them again this year. Always a pleasure, we enjoy their company very much!


SO we had this huge pumpkin, and I hallowed it out earlier in the week and we wanted to turn it into a cooler for beer. IT kinda worked out. We underestimated the size and didn't seem to have enough beer to fill it. We have a better idea for next year...looking forward to trying that idea.



This guy hung in my kitchen for almost a week, eventually it got really creepy. I swear at one point he looked like he was watching me each morning. lol I was so happy when we took him down.

Food table pictures...
We also ordered pizza that evening. I just found it easier to have some hot food delivered, so I had lots of circus food available but it was nice to have the pizza too~


This is another creepy clown that hung around my house for about a week. I hated him up there....

Popcorn...it was good stuff~
 
Some of the party goers...looking great!


My friend Colleen on the right, had no idea what too be for this party. I told her to think what you will find at a carnival. She came up with this great idea, she was a cotton candy/popcorn distributer lady. You know..the ones who walk around selling treats. She looked amazing, great job!!
Sue and her husband Jeff showed up in the creepiest of creepy Halloween costumes. Their makeup was so good....this is why I love to have Halloween parties. Its all about being together and enjoying ourselves. To be honest however, the costumes people work on and come up with bring me a sense of happiness....I love it!!


Although I say that in my last picture, I have to also say...it meant more to me than anyone will know when a highschool friend of mine, who happens to not enjoy dressing up...showed up to my party. I was so happy to see her...and over the moon excited that she showed up even in a costume. Thank you Tina for coming and also for the pretty cool wine you brought...she had even brought Candy Apple flavor red wine, and guess what? It was so good!!


Here is hubby before the guests arrived. He looked great in his costume...I loved it~


Here again are some of the creepy guests...looking so good~
Mike and Nadine, enjoying a drink~


So Kailey was home this weekend, she did have plans with her friends that night to go out to dinner as everyone was home from Univeristy. I wasn't sure if they would come by the party, but they did come and I was thrilled. It is so nice to be at this stage of life where you can enjoy your adult children and their friends. They are a good group of girls, no one was over the top drunk, there was no bad behaviour...they were very enjoyable. I liked having them and I will be sure to invite them again next year~


My mom and dad stopped in for a quick visit, here is mom talking with Michelle. It was so nice to see Michelle and her boyfriend drop in for a quick visit as well. Michelle had graduated with her Bachelor's of Social Work this same night. So she had been out with family that evening celebrating her achievements. Congratulations Michelle, I am so very proud of you~ and thank you again for stopping in with Marc and having a moment with me xo


Friends in the living room, you can see Candy there in the purple. She was Cotton Candy...purple Cotton Candy. Get it? lol It was a great costume and I so appreciate that she showed up and enjoyed the night as well.

My dancing Clown....lol

Quick selfie before the guests...
 


Sue and Jeff...again the creepy clowns...


Linda and Glen came by, again it was so nice to see these two. I was thrilled to see them come in. We don't see them as much, our lives have seemed to have taken different paths. They have a young child and Paul and I are becoming empty nesters...we will always be there for them. We will just take advantage of the times we share.


Braden was the joker..Jared Leto Joker..he did a great job with is costume as well. This night he had a rap battle to attend. The other guy didn't show up so it was a quick night for him, and then he was home and partying with his family and friends. Dylan and Cara came by too....we enjoy them as well. Again great kids...we are blessed to have the relationship we do with them~

Could this be any creepier?



Nicki and Mark..they have attended each Halloween party as well. Its great too see them, and we are happy they make it each year and entertain my themed parties.


Once again Colleen and Semone out did themselves with their costumes. Both of them looked fantastic. Colleen really went out of her comfort zone this year, she looked so good!


One of the few photo's you will see of me....


Lynn and Nadine at the island, I was happy Lynn came. She is not one who enjoys Halloween. So it meant a lot that she came and dressed as a fortune teller/gypsy.
Well my lovelies, this is pretty much it. I could go on and on about this party and all the wonderful things it brought. I will finish up by saying I sure felt special this night. The turn out was fantastic, and it really showed how much our friends mean to us. Thank you to each one of you who did come out and participate. Paul and I feel very blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I always look forward to yours and Pauls Halloween parties. We ways have such fun. The themed ones are alot of fun. You both put so much effort in decorating the house to make it look so cool a day fun. Thanks again for the fun evening.love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete