Thursday, October 1, 2015

Social Art and the Foxy Fox~


Well on Monday night myself, Colleen and Lynn painted. It was my first time at Rachel's new studio for Social Art. I really like it....it was more spacious than some of the places we've painted. She has a fridge and I believe even a microwave. You are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks. The lighting was perfect, and there was some really great music playing. It wasn't loud like a lot of the spots we've had to paint at. Rachel has done an amazing job decorating her new space as well.

The instructor above is not Rachel, I can not remember her name (sorry). She was super nice and did a great job instructing us. If you have not tried this Social Art experience then my friends you are missing out. I absolutely love painting, its an activity in which you go too and the instructor takes care of everything. You don't have to bring a thing with you, she provides it all. When you are busy painting, planning, chatting, drinking and nibbling on snacks you have NO time to think about what is going on in your life. For that short 2.5 hours, your attention is completely taken away from the everyday mundane events of your day.
 
We painted one of my favorite pictures ever, it was of a fox. If you don't know, I have recently started calling Kailey my Freckled Fox. It came to me because she has freckles and I think she is absolutely beautiful...like a foxy lady~
I was going to put some freckles on this fox but it didn't turn out like I had hoped so I bailed on the freckles.

Here is Colleen working hard at her own painting. She wasn't too impressed initially with her fox but once it was finished she was good. It turned out perfect. She did a wonderful job.


When you paint with Social Art, you go in stages. First we started with the glowing moon...then we worked our way out. Its so much easier when It works out that way.

We then moved onto the tree, which we did in stages as well. I am never happy with my own trees, but I must say out of all the ones I have painted this one was better than the other ones.
Then we outlined the Fox, you can see my faint outline.

There's Lynn up above, she always pulls through with a great painting. She has a knack for it, it seems to come naturally too her. It works out well for Colleen and I because she helps us out in times of need.

I wanted to get a picture of the studio....you can see in the back ground how well lit the space is. It really is ideal, perfect for a girls night out.
 
Here is my finished product, I am actually really happy with it. My fox looks very sexy...but doesn't seem to resemble my own Freckled Fox, its just not as beautiful as she is.
Well my lovelies, I am off for the night I hope you are doing well.
Until tomorrow good night and god bless~

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you took that picture of me. I really get into my work don't I? Is that a bald spot on my head????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice. Your paintings look great. I need to go again.

    ReplyDelete