Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Martz Grandkid Day~

Every summer my father in law throws a one BIG birthday party for all his grandkids, and now many of his great grandkids. The Martz's are a big group and I think its hard for Grandpa to get to each kids home when there is a birthday. So he just hits everyone up in one day each summer. It works really well and the kids seem to appreciate it. He always has it at Paul's brother Thom's place. Thom and Kathy have a nice big yard complete with a pool. He has the perfect outdoor set up for such a large group. The past couple years grandpa has just ordered pizza for this group, its easy and leaves Thom available to entertain and enjoy the day with the rest of the family. Gramps always gets a birthday cake big enough for everyone, and hands out birthday cards which are always filled with a very generous gift for each grandkid. These kids are very lucky, fortunate to have a grandpa who loves them and show's it each year.


Above is my niece Emily and her Pug Daffodil, along with my nephew Jordan~

Just some adults around the table, relaxing and enjoying eachothers company.

Paul and his dad checking out the Jays stats
 
This is my niece Michelle's husband and their baby, he is just the cutest. Its nice having a baby around in the family again.

Kids birthday cake from Gramps and Suzanne~


Kathy lighting the candles on the cake, kids starting to gather around for the festivities


The two beautiful kids standing infront of the cake is my great niece and nephew Leah and Jona from Scotland. The come every summer to spend time with their grandparents, Uncle Jay and Aunt Laura. Something tells me they have the time of their lives here, Dave and Char (grandparents) live on a farm AND have a cottage...so these kids are busy busy the whole time they are here.

Happy Birthday to my beautiful nieces and nephews~ Here is the family singing along to everyone.

Below is a panoramic shot of the group, there I am far right. Paul took this pic for me :)
Well my lovelies, last Saturday was a wonderful family day. Always filled with lots of catching up, laughs, great food, drinks and love.
We are a blessed group and I think everyone knows that~
Until tomorrow my friends, good night and god bless..

No comments:

Post a Comment