Thursday, May 21, 2015

Easy Cheesy Pasta and Ham Bake~

I really really wanted to share this recipe with you....I have to say it is a favorite. Its also something you can prepare and then bake when needed. Go ahead friends..give it a try!


Ingredients
  • 1 (16 oz) box rotini pasta, uncooked
  • 2½ cups milk
  • ¼ cup butter
  • ¼ cup flour
  • 1½ cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 cups ham, cubed







  1. Spray 13×9 pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
  2. Cook the pasta according to directions on the box, drain and return to pan
  3. Grate the cheese, reserving ¼ cup and cut the ham


In a large skillet, melt the butter, add the flour and whisk for one minute
Slowly add the milk, whisk constantly.
Turn the heat up to medium and stir until thickened
Slowly add the cheese, whisk until melted after each addition












Season the sauce with salt and pepper
Stir ham and cheese sauce into the pasta, mix well

 
Transfer to baking dish and spread evenly
Sprinkle with reserved cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until bubbly
 
So I didn't get a finished product picture. Sorry about that, when I prepared this recipe it happened to be a busy evening. If I remember correctly it was the night I painted. I really wish I would have gotten a picture because this recipe seriously was the best! The whole family loved it!! I would highly recommend this one friends.
Well its a quick blog post tonight, sorry...Its just been a busy week. So chummies, until tomorrow goodnight and godbless~

No comments:

Post a Comment