Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Asian Crunch Salad...

Remember back a few weeks ago I mentioned making salads more frequently?? Well I kinda stayed true to this and here is one of the recipe's that I tried..

What You Need

1/2 cupKraft Zesty Italian Dressing, divided
2 pkg. (85 g each) ramen noodle soup mix
2 pkg. (454 g each) broccoli slaw
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup roasted sunflower kernels
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Make It


MIX dressing and Seasoning Packet from 1 soup mix package. Discard remaining seasoning packet or reserve for another use.
BREAK apart Noodles; place in large bowl. Add slaw, onions, sunflower kernels and nuts; mix lightly.
ADD dressing mixture; toss to coat.

kraft kitchens tips

Make Ahead


Dressing mixture can be prepared ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Noodles can also be crumbled the day before; place in resealable plastic bag along with the sunflower kernels and nuts. Seal bag and store at room temperature until ready to assemble salad
This salad was pretty good..i think if I could change one thing it would be to use some sort of Asian salad dressing..i didn't love the Italian dressing mixture, the family liked it but we didn't love it!
Well friends...I kinda had a sad day today, really missing Harley! Is that silly? Its been 8 months and I still cry at least once a week. Usually when something triggers a memory of him...I think buying a cottage in Turkey Point has become a soft spot, I would have loved to have given  him this in his life. He LOVED the beach..he loved Pottahawk, he LOVED turkey point. Paul keeps reminding me of all his times with us at cottages that we rented, time on our boat when we had it down in TP, he had lots of experiences...its just not the same with him not here...will the hurt in my heart ever fade? I miss you Harley..you were my love~

1 comment:

  1. Not not silly you still think of Harley and cry. He was a big part of your life in many ways. he was always there no matter what. You gave him a wonderful life, he was lucky to have you just as much as you him. You will never forget him. The hurt may never go away, but you gave him an amazing life, more than most would even give their own kids! Your memories of other cottages and trips won't be the same as having a cottage of your own, but like paul said he was given a wonderful life. I wish he could have shared this new journey in your life. As you move forward he will always be in your heart! He will always be with you in spirit! We miss you Harely!

    ReplyDelete