Thursday, June 28, 2012

Watermelon Salad..



I have to lose weight...no joking! Seriously this is ridiculous, I am absolutely the heaviest i have EVER been. So here I go again when I say..."i'm going to incorporate more salade's into my meals"..ooh boy!!
So as I sit here and write this post..i'm eating a salad and pushing my way through it. Everytime I try a new one..i will post the recipe and give you an opinon of how I feel about that particular salade.
The one that i'm eating right now is a Watermelon Salad and its pretty good! Not alot of ingrediants which makes it easy to whip up quickly on a hot summer day and with watermelon included.,..maybe even the kids will try it?! I could not find Raspberry poppyseed dressing so i just substituted with Creamy Poppyseed..it was really good too!
Here is the recipe..

What You Need

8 cups loosely packed torn Boston lettuce
2 cups seedless watermelon chunks (1 inch)
3/4 cup quartered cucumber slices
1/3 cup thin small red onion slices, separated into rings
1/3 cupPure Kraft Refrigerated Raspberry Poppyseed Dressing

Make It


COMBINE first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
ADD dressing; toss to coat.

kraft kitchens tips

Special Extra
Cook 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts and 1/4 cup sugar in skillet on medium heat until sugar is melted and nuts are evenly coated, stirring frequently. Spread onto sheet of foil; cool. Sprinkle over salad just before serving.
 
Weekends coming friends...Paul's off on Friday's through the summer so i'm one happy wife!!

No comments:

Post a Comment