Thursday, February 9, 2012

Candle holder making...





So I promised tonight i would add a DIY on tonightsblog. I made this candle holder for Braden's room and I thought it turned out well. Pretty simple project, i just bought a class vase and some mode podge.



Then I Picked the paper I wanted and lined it up. Placed the hearts in their spot so that I could cut them out. Then I used the mode podge and put the paper on the vase and hope format to stick. Once it sticks you let it dry..then I chose to use string and make a bow, added a tea light candle and voila...perfecto!! It was easy, but it was fun!


Today Braden had a meeting at the high school to go over his online courses and it went so well. I am so proud of him, he has successfully completed two classes and passed with flying colors. It kinda hit home today when we realized thatoncehe finishes this next two classes, he will be a graduating man!! How exciting is that! Seriously...Paul and I are gearing up for some real changes!! Changes we have been waiting for, for a long time! It's almost overwhelming to think were we will be planning to relocate in then next couple years..ahhhh...so crazy! Anyways, good night and god bless!

1 comment:

  1. I love you candle idea looks great! I know we are going through the same thing with Nick, he has started his last 2 courses and he will be done. I cant believe we have kids this age already lol, time is flying. Kelsey is starting high school and Riley jr high in sept. Just crazy but a good crazy. Boys you are almost there, a wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete