Saturday, January 28, 2012

Talking Teenage...


Where my Zeta's at??

This weekend we had trouble with our computer. I had some serious virus action going on here, so hubby had to fix it! That is why we did not have a post for Satuday.
I always try to think of a topic for Saturdays teenage talk. I think we'll keep it simple and just discuss what's on everyone's mind who has teens lately.
That would be "EXAMS"
Yep, in my house the girl is preparing. I've always struggled with how much to get involved, how much should we step in and make sure she's doing her best. Then I think we must trust in her, trust that she is doing everything she needs to do to write her exams with confidence. I did make some rules this weekend, there was absolutely NO get togethers, no sleepovers, no studying with others...its one weekend to stay home and properly prepare for her exams. NOT sure if that was too harsh. She was a bit pissed with me because other friends were getting together and wanting her there, but I felt these are habits that they are forming and one good habit would be to stay home and take your exam preparation seriously. This is just the beginning...its now that we need to show them what it takes to prioritize. It's only ONE weekend, she will survive. I felt aweful, i always only want her to be happy...however, its still our job to help her figure out whats really important right now. I told her after Tuesday she should start planning her weekend celebrations, its this coming weekend that she can have fun with friends and not have to worry about studying. I hope all your teens are getting ready, studying hard and manage to do well on their exams! Good luck young Zeta's.. and good luck to my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment