Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Post 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it


My husband!
Honestly...I will say, I could not live without my husband and I know this because I did for 2 months. It was NOT a happy time in our life...we were both in a spot where we thought our marriage was over. The experience did change alot about who I was and who we were as a couple. Thankfully we pulled through that time and managed to get our lives and marriage back on track. Those two months I had alone was spent growing as a person, I learned ALOT about myself...it was then that I decided to go back to school to become a nurse. I realized that I needed to make myself happy and stop relying on someone else to do it!
There are always good and bad in situations like a temporary seperation. I know for me...I gained a new identity, I found myself again. Once we went back into our marriage I was a little different. We both were...in a good way!
I have been with Paul since I was 18 years old, we have survived so much together in our 22 years together. I'm not sure how much of it is that I couldn't live without Paul or more...I wouldn't live without Paul. He's all I know, he's really all I've ever had. Even during the hard times...we balance eachother, we know one another like no one else in our lives. We truly have become one through these years and I couldn't see myself growing old with anyone else. Our life together is a busy one, we have been incrediably un-selfish as a couple giving our children everything. We love our family and put them first all the time.
Know that the kids are growing and becoming young adults, we are finding our time together more intimate. At times we feel like we did back in our early 20's before we had kids. Its nice! It's so weird...we still look at eachother like we did back in the day..we still love our time together, still play together and love eachother passionately. From 1989 to 2011...its been a trip, but one thing remains the same! Its our "Loves"! We think back and talk about certain years we have had, certain times we've shared together and apart...its surreal sometimes, the life we've shared! One thing is certain...I wouldn't have wanted it to be with anyone else! It's our time know...our time to once again enjoy one another! It would be a shame to not embrace that!

1 comment:

  1. You and Paul have been through a lot, even with the short seperation it made you figure each other our and your needs. You guys are great people and I am so happy you guys still great together lol, I better get bonus points for all the nice things I am saying about you guys! :) I love you both and am lucky to have great people like you in my life! You guys are perfect for each other and always will be!

    ReplyDelete