Thursday, June 9, 2011

Something you love about yourself...

There are many things that I love about myself. Deep deep down inside my soul I have a thirst for life and thats what I LOVE the most about me! I believe when people live through traumatic accidents or catastrophic events it changes who they are. Its difficult sometimes when I think about who I am or how did I end up sitting here in a 3600 sq foot home with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and another one in the works, Ipods, Ipad, large TV's, a pool, hot tub, yearly vacations, media room, my own black rabbit Volkswagon, a real Tiffany Bracelet, and so much more.
Ya sounds like ALOT...and I am thankful every day to have all those things!
What I love most about myself is that NONE of it matters to me!! All these things do not even almost signify who I am or what I'm about, and I know that...and I LOVE that about me!
I have been fortunate through a devastating accident to find how important it is to find happiness and peacefulness in the little things in life. I TRUELY take nothing for granted. I take advantage of every single day and make the most of it. I love early mornings, I love birds chirping, I love rain and I stop to smell the flowers. I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee, I love steeped tea, I love white wine, I love lunch dates, I always stop to admire a rainbow.


I love to seek cloud creatures,
I love to daydream, I love music, I dance everyday, I sing as loud as I can in my kitchen. I love to read and I love movie night with family. I love to watch you smile, I LOVE to laugh, I laugh at everything...i've probably laughed at you!! I love passionately, I stop to feel the rain on a really hot day,


I love the feel of sand on my feet, I love to listen to the sound of the ocean. I love the night sky, I am mesmerized by the winter night sky,


I LOVE to learn. Stars are beautiful and I look at them every night before bed as I let the dogs out for their last pee..its my moment to thank god for giving me this day!
There's something wonderful about surviving...its about being thankful, its about seeing everything and everyone around you, its realizing to LOVE deeply as it can all change in a moment.
I LOVE that I am a person who loves life and has found simplicity....I see this world everyday like its the first time, its not easy...its a choice!
Thats exactly my point friends...Happiness is a choice, I choose to stand in the rain and for a moment close my eyes and give thanks. I choose to listen to the sounds around me and look at whats surrounding my world. If there is something that I can say about something that I love about me....Its simple..I choose to see what others may not, and that is a blessing!!


Ok, I KNOW there are people reading this who are thinking OH MY GOD Chrissy!! Seriously? I Know some of you are thinking...how short tempered I can be, how quick I am to rip a strip off of someone who tries to tell me something that I may not agree with. You know what?? Your right, I am all those things too...Unfortunately the downfall of surviving a traumatic accident is living with some side angled anger. Yes, you may know that side of me, but i'm telling you my friends if you were unaware of my "softer" more relaxed side, the side of me that allows me to get out of bed every morning, the side that helps me take on the challenges of the day....then I guess sadly you really don't know me at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment