Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh the delimma...

Just a picture of my kids before Braden's prom. He looked so handsome and his girlfriend looked beautiful we were proud parents! (The picture is of Braden and Kailey..not his girlfriend) They had a blast that night, first they went to dinner with their schoolmates and then headed to a backyard party in Ayr. Paul and I picked them up at 2am and both of them were of sound mind, not to much underage drinking for them. HA. It was nice to see them having a good time, and I was thrilled how grown up my boy has become. Who would have thought 15 years ago my little boy would be attending prom, prom parties AND with a girlfriend. Guess I should have known better...he is something special!
NOW for the dilemma..We have given up our fight with Braden regarding him coming to Nova Scotia with us this summer. He won. We can't fight with him any longer, if he wants to be mister independant...then let him.
Seriously, as much as I want to make him come with us...he wouldn't be happy. Starting tomorrow I will begin making the plans needed for him and his friend Spencer to stay here with out us being home. I know Shelley reads this (Spencer's mom) and I probably should have called her first...but i'm on a roll here and want to keep going. So, Shelley...its true. The boys will be here for one week with the supervision of one part time day nurse and one full time night nurse. The night nurse has actually been around for a long time and knows Braden quite well ...we trust her with his life!! LOL, I don't have the day time nurse yet?? But will start the process tomorrow. The second week...my mom and dad will be here full time and there will also be an evening nurse available for Braden.
I have a week before we leave to teach Spencer the ropes and go over a menu plan with them. I will have family members close at hand (literally they live around the corner) and a nurse on call at all times! Braden really wants this experience and we are ready to let him...its NOT easy but if it makes him happy, I have to respect that! I know this will be one hardest things that we ever do!
Ok, enough of that for now...I will keep you posted as the events unfold! Shelly if you need to chat, let me know and I will call you this time!



CAKE BALLS
Just some pictures of my latest creations...I am loving this cake ball fiasco! Its been so fun, and I'm getting a ton of wonderful comments!! Enjoy the photo's, i've been working hard!







No comments:

Post a Comment