Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 Days Of Truth...


Ok here is something that I am going to try! Lets see how honest I can get...its going to be difficult but I am certainly going to do my best! Here in blog world there are quite a few bloggers doing this challenge...so I thought i'd try too! I am a bit concerned that I won't blog everyday for 30 days, but i will give it my best!! Before I start however I wanted to share with you how I kept my last get together on a great budget. Normally when I host a party I ALWAYS manage to have way to much food, I have at least 3 different types of alcohol beverages..all prepared by recipes, nothing out of a bottle, except for wine! When I threw this little Arbonne party there was about 8 ladies including myself. It was on a Thursday, which ruled out a late night and lots of giggling, laughing, silly wine tingled ladies. Ok, well maybe there was a little of those things..but nothing over done!! Too many of us had to get kids to school the next day and most had to be at work themselves. Regardless..it was lovely and I really wanted to have nice, tasty treats to serve. I chose to stick to 3 appetizers, red and white wine, and one non-alcohol punch which by the way could be converted to alcoholic if perferred! On top of all that I did put out a small chocolate fondue served with fresh strawberries, pineapple, apples and melon...I melted a Toblerone bar which was just so fabulous.
So I just wanted to leave you with these easy recipes and maybe the next time you are having a few of your fav' girlies over you may want to try these easy peasy appetizers.
This is a Sangria Mock Tail Punch....however some of us added red wine to make it that much more interesting!! Fabulous!

What You Need
3 limes, divided
1 pouch (8 g) Crystal Light Raspberry Ice Low Calorie Drink Mix
4 cups low-calorie cranberry juice cocktail
1 cup orange juice
3 cups club soda 2 navel oranges, sliced
Make ItSQUEEZE juice from 1 lime. Add to large plastic or glass pitcher. Stir in drink mix, juice cocktail and orange juice until mix is dissolved.

ADD club soda; stir. Slice remaining limes; add to prepared drink along with the orange slices.

SERVE over ice.

Mini Shrimp Bites

what you need


16 Holiday Ritz Crackers - ya really...ritz crackers!! They were great too!
1/2 cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
1/3 cup cocktail sauce
16 medium frozen, cooked shrimp, thawed and cleaned 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
Make itSPREAD 16 Holiday Ritz Crackers evenly with 1 tsp. Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread.

TOP evenly with 1 tsp. cocktail sauce and 1 medium frozen, cooked shrimp thawed and cleaned. Sprinkle with chopped green onions.

Salsa Roll Ups...



What You Need125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) Philadelphia Light Brick Cream Cheese Spread, softened
3 Tbsp. salsa
2 large spinach-flavoured tortillas
1/2 cup shredded Cracker Barrel Cheddar Cheese Light
1/2 tsp. chili powder
Make It
MIX cream cheese and salsa; spread onto tortillas.

TOP with shredded cheese and chili powder; roll up tightly.
CUT each roll-up into 9 slices


Epicure's Extraordinary Cheese Dip
Sorry friends...no photo, I didn't take one myself and I couldn't find one on line! Anyways, this dip is known as a crowd pleaser in any situation! I can never go wrong with it, people LOVE this dip!!

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup each mayo and sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 rounded tsp each 3 onion, lemon dilly, and Cheese, Chive, and Bacon dip mixes
1 round loaf of bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Cut top off round loaf of bread. Cut out bread from inside the loaf, leaving 1" thick walls and bottom. Spoon dip into bread bowl. Replace top on bread bowl. Loosely wrap bread with tin foil and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes. Bread removed from inside loaf and the baked top can be served with bread bowl and dip

I did not take any photo's this evening and I kinda wish that I did...I also had a wonderful chocolate fondue, that was also another big hit!
Back to this 30 day challenge...I will start tomorrow and below are the question's that I shall answer the best that I can! Stay tuned...the first question is probably the easiest to answer!! *Wink*
Post 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Post 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Post 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Post 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Post 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Post 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Post 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Post 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Post 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Post 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Post 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Post 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Post 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Post 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Post 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Post 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Post 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Post 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Post 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Post 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Post 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Post 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Post 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Post 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Post 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Post 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Post 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Post 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Post 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Post 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself

Its gonna be a LONG 30 days!!

1 comment:

  1. The munchies look awesome Chrissy. Your next 30 days of blogging looks difficult, interesting and revealing. Have fun with it. Love and Luck to you. xo

    ReplyDelete