Sunday, January 2, 2011

Well I thought for sure....

....that i'd stay away longer than 48 hours! I just couldn't do it! I will tell you it certainly feels good to not have any expections placed on myself and just write what I want too write.



Guess where I was most of the day today?? Emergency! Yep, the big B had severe ear pain and a huge amount of drainage running from the ear canal. He was in alot of pain, typically he has a high tolerance for pain so when he said that he wanted to go to the hospital...we figured it was bad! Without exaggeration....it was BAD!!
I felt so aweful for him, he looked terrible and we could tell he was aching from head to toe. He has been fighting something for sometime, sorethroat...etc but yesterday he woke up with a screaming ear ache. He barely slept through the night, we were up ALOT! Nothing would comfort him, I tried everything that I could. The nurse practitioner was wonderful, she gave him a great antibiotic and some pain medication...we continued with the decongestant and hopefully he will be feeling better within a couple days!
While sitting close to the emergency waiting room...as there was NO way I would even consider sitting near those infected people we watched as babies cried, mom's fussed, dad's paced and complained and the elderly sat in silence. It was sad. I can say this was one of the first times that I was thankful that our problems were our's! It was only an earache, and even though poor Braden was suffering in pain...thank god, it was only an earache!
It was one of those moments in life were the saying..."what goes around, comes around" draws into play. You see, today I had Braden check himself in at the hospital, I felt the experience is important as he learns to become independant...I stayed close, but he answered the triage nurse's questions and he went throught he process like an adult. During it all though Braden became frustrated, cranky and tempered...mostly because he hated every minute of being there! So, when I...his mother reached over to tussle his hair...he snapped "Don't touch me"..LOL, he was miserable and taking it out on me and anyone else in his way! Boy, the memories came flooding back pretty quickly! I remember being in his shoes numerously as a young adult/teenager and just being so crusty! I hated everyone, I hated being there and I hated being vulnerable. Thankfully this mom know's when to leave him alone, there was no hard feelings...I kinda chuckled to myself remembering all the outbursts of frustration that I suffered!! My poor boy!
After our hospital visit, I managed to get a massage. My friend/massage therapist texted me and said he had time this evening...I jumped on that! After this holiday season, I needed a massage! It was great, i feel so relaxed!
Well is your christmas tree down? While I was at the hospital with the big guy, Paul took down our christmas decorations! Its kinda bare in here, time to look at HomeSense! We also over the holidays purchased a queen size bed for our upstairs spare room. So, our boxspring and mattress will go into the spare room and we did buy a new set for our bedroom. Tomorrow it is delivered, last night I started cleaning out the room to make space for the new bed. Its going to look great, I just need to get some home decor set up. Maybe some new pictures, some art work?? I do have to leave it a little bit organized and decorated for Ethan as he is the real owner of the room...well, at least when he is here! I will post before and after pictures soon. I'm not going to repaint the room, I like the color its very neutral. I do want new window coverings though...Michelle??? that's where you come in!! We will talk...I need advice on that!
Have any of you made any new year resolutions? Remember last year's?? I was going to kiss my husband everyday!! Well it started out passionately and lasted about 2 months. This year I have decided to use the word NO, more frequently! Yep, that might not sound too nice...but trust me, its something I need to work on. Obviously I'll never say NO to a friend in need or family members who want or need my time or attention. But...with all that said, the word NO is going to become a bit more significant in my life! After these christmas holidays...I came to that conclusion..the the help of a friend!
Well, its been great blogging...but, I am tired!
We sincerly wish you all the best in 2011...stay tuned for more blogs in 2011!!
Good night my friends and god bless~

1 comment:

  1. I hope Braden feels better soon, I know all to well how he felt dealing with them with Riley. Terrible but he will be better soon. I havent taken my stuff down thats tomorrow when no one is home lol.
    Its so nice to hear the word "NO" from you about damn time. You need to have some sanity let. You do enough as it is, cant do or be everywhere all at once. I will help you inforce the word "NO". :)
    Happy New Year. Love you guys, bet better soon B!

    ReplyDelete