Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mini Cheeseburgers and queen size beds..


Uncooked mini cheeseburgers..getting ready to be put in the oven.

Cheeseburgers with the tops on...

Mini Cheeseburgers
FInished product served with penne pasta and alfredo sauce..so good!!

prep time 15 min total time 50 min makes 12 servings,
2 mini-cheeseburgers (102 g) each Ingredients:
1 lb. (450 g) extra-lean ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
8 hot dog buns, cut into thirds
6 dill pickle slices, cut into quarters
6 Kraft Singles Process Cheese Product Slices, cut into quarters
MIX
meat, onions, ketchup and mustard just until blended. ARRANGE bottom halves of buns, cut-sides up, in 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. meat mixture onto each; flatten with spatula. Top with pickles, Singles and tops of buns. Cover tightly with foil.
BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until meat mixture is done. Let stand 5 min. before serving.

Tonight I made these little mini cheeseburgers for dinner. Unfortunately Paul and Braden could not enjoy them, but I will admit...Kailey and I thought they were pretty awesome!
This is a very easy recipe that actually I would probably serve in the summer with a nice salad at lunch time! Not really a dinner time meal...but one that we enjoyed after a couple hours spent in Ikea.
I was there today looking at a new bed for our spare bedroom. I bought new bedding for the new bed, its very very pretty and girlie. The spare room is actually labelled "Ethan's room" so I suppose I will have to take off my new girlie duvet complete with duvet cover when he visits and put back his old blue one! I will keep it in the closet, he will never know! So, I was debating whether to get a whole new bed, but after seeing what's out there I decided to stick with what we have and just get a new mattress. I came home empty handed with the mattress but will return with Paul to get a new queen size bed frame for the "Ethan's/Spare room". We will continue to search for a mattress to suit our bed, and we will stick with the queen size bed and NOT upgrade to the king. The thought of more room in the bed intrigues me, however I have been sleeping beside my husband for 20 years in a queen bed. I know his every move, I sence his dynamics. The feel of his body so close is comforting and we always manage to touch feet at some point during the night...its how I know he is still there. I couldn't imagine having him further away in our bed, not too sure if he feels the same way..but i must say, he didn't like ANY of the king size beds..that spoke volume's too me!
On a side note, the thought of two singles with a bedside table between them was hot on the topic..LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment