Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday's Menu...and guess who's cooking?

You'll never guess who cooked dinner tonight in my house?? Do you have any idea?? Braden?? Nope, guess again...
KAILEY DID!!! Yep, my big girl is growing up and she even cooked dinner, cleaned the table, served her family then tidied up the kitchen afterwards! I was so happy, she did an amazing job, we are so proud!

So tonights menu is going to be Kailey's recipe.."Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken"
What you need
1/3 pkg of fettuccine, uncooked
1 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
1 1/4 cups of less-sodium chicken broth
4 tsp of flour
1/3 cup of Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese Spread
3 Tbsp Kraft 100% Parmesan light grated cheese, divided
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. pepper


Make It
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on med-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 mins or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occassionally. Remove from skillet. Mix broth and flour in same skillet. Stir in cream cheese spread, 2 Tbsp of the parmesan cheese, the nutmeg and pepper; cook 2 min, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in chicken.



Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl. Pour chicken mixture over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese.


Thankfully my girl totally amuses me and allowed me to document her first major meal cooking for our family. I am one lucky mom because both my kids have been very tolerant of my ramblings on this blog. Thank you to both of you!
Great job tonight Kailey, even your brother loved dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment