Thursday, May 27, 2010

Islands in the stream..


Well my friends..the island has arrived! I am so excited and cannot wait to have my kitchen finished. Today Paul and I started sanding and painting the kitchen cupboards. I picked a very soft off white color for the cabinets that will match and emphasize the dark cupboards and island. I have had a style in mind for my kitchen and I see it taking shape. Not much longer know and it will all be complete and I will be entertaining in my new favorite spot. I mean the kitchen is certainly not my dream kitchen, i would never be able to afford that. However the design and color of my kitchen is exactly what I want, so that makes me happy. I didn`t want to have a perfectly matching kitchen, not that I don`t like all the cabinets to be the same color or design, its just that right know I am into different and unique...not matching!
We discussed ripping out our kitchen and replacing everything, but inorder to do that we would also have to redo our floors, which would include the front hallway, living room and dining room and with the square footage of my house it would cost at least..10,000 dollars and that is just an estimate. Besides, its not a secret that we may not be here in the next possibly 5-6 yrs, so with that I would rather replace the flooring when we get closer to that time mostly due to Braden`s wheelchair and our 2 beautiful yellow labs.
I know that I have some skeptics out there about whether or not this decorating idea is going to turn out...its a good thing I don`t care what people think!
To be honest, the kitchen`s that they entertain from are nothing to be desired!
Here is a picture of a kitchen idea that I found and fell in love with, kinda got my idea from this...
I just love the look of this kitchen, the white cupboards and dark wooden island...I will have pictures soon my friends of my master piece...hang tight I will share!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! Congrats! :)
    I can't wait to see! I bet it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete