Friday, April 23, 2010

Things around my yard..

Well humble readers..summer is around the corner and my backyard is proving so!
Let me show you a small project that I am hoping to tackle, umm..possibly this weekend.

This picture posted above is one taken in the back corner of my pool. Mostly each summer Paul and I add more soil, plant a few new bushes and then watch them die due to extensive heat over the course of the summer! Seriously it is terrible!
This year however, I have decided to level it out, put down some patio stones and add a nice seating area with cushioned chairs or possibly a small cushioned couch? I think that would be lovely, just another place to sit and entertain while watching the kids swim in the pool. I may have to attatch some sort of umbrella to the fence because like I said the temperature back there in that corner could kill just about anything!

See this spot could be so much more useful, it totally could be a cute little seating area! I'm excited, lets see if Paul is as excited as I am!!

Here is my Japanese Maple that we planted in May 2003, we decided to plant this tree when Ethan was born, it kinda symbolizes his birth and the addition to our family. It's starting to bloom, I love this tree it has meaning. I don't have much foliage around my yard again due to the intense heat. This little tree has undergone alot of stress, mostly when Finley was a puppy. She would run all over the yard, ripping at things...mostly ripping at my Japanese Maple! This is a sure sign that summer is coming, when my little tree begins to sprout!

Another sure sign of summer, the green grass in my backyard! Well, here again it will stay green until maybe..Ummm...June?? By then the heat will kill it, and the dogs will start to pee on it, leaving yellow spots all over this beautiful green yard! Speaking of dogs...here are two eager puppies waiting for Paul to open the pool just so they can go swimming!! Here's to summer, just around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment