Sunday, April 11, 2010

Its been busy..


This weekend was a great one, we connected with so many friends. Its hard to see our friends in the winter time, mostly due to ringette and hockey schedules. Our friends all understand and don't seem to have any expectations of us. We met with Paul's good friend Glen and his wife Lynda tonight. So nice to see them, they are doing really well, Glen has taken up running which I was happy to hear because as we are all aging I like to hear that our friends are staying healthy. They both look great, its exciting to hear that they are trying to start their family. Kinda weird to think of Glen having his first baby at his age, his wife is younger so there is no major concerns...its just such a life changing event and we couldn't imagine starting out know in life! We are finally living again and enjoying our freedom, it would be difficult to go back to diapers, sleepless nights, cartoons and all the wonderful rules and regulations that society places on new young parents. It seems to be more trendy to be parents today, so many fads,fashions and statements. There are so many options for diapers,baby food, do we buy organic baby food, make our own?, toilet training isn't even called toilet training anymore..its called toilet learning?? seriously? Buying toys is a whole other topic..so many learning gadgets, music toys..my goodness, whats wrong with cardboard boxes? My kids loved them, they made forts out of them and had sleepovers for days.....keep it simple,its more fun that way!
Anyways, nothing to say..little disgruntled with the world today. Saw Heather too for lunch..she seems happier, joined the gym..again another friend finding fitness in her life, way to go Heather!! Ijust have to get my A*S to the gym!!I hope all my humble readers are happy and healthy, summer is coming my friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Seems weird that we already had our family and I also know people who are our age and just starting, they are very shocked when I tell them I have a 16yr old lol. I do miss those days in a way but I am happy to say that I love the freedom you mentioned, wouldnt change that now for anything. I am glad you had a good weekend with friends! Get to the gym :) LOL.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete