Sunday, February 28, 2010

SOOOOO PROUD TO BE CANADIAN...



Wow did you seriously see tonights events including the closing ceremonies! Honestly after watching the opening ceremonies I didn't think I could possibly be any prouder..but after tonights hockey game, I was over the moon with excitment!! Kailey and I got in from Ottawa just in time to see the hockey game, and let me tell you..when the states scored with like 48 seconds left..I was not impressed! I had to leave the room, utterly disappointed. I hoped that they would pull themselves together and reach to grab the gold metal from the dreams of those american players!! When Crosby scored, my house lit up...we screamed, cheered, clapped and I even cried! I must admit, after the women won the gold the other night I was proud to be a women especially a canadian woman.
I had wished for the men to follow suit, secretly knowing that we as women rock the ice, and I never doubted their ability to win that gold medal..they are talented! Even though I teased Paul and Braden about the women being stronger and better out their on the ice, I was just as passionate about the men winning too! WAY TO GO CANADA!
We beat so many titles, so many records..we have much to be proud of..we are a quiet nation but never underestimate our desire to succeed.
Well, we are finished..we have won! It is time for our Canadian paralympics to strive, battle and overcome their challenges to bring home the gold...they can and will do it! I will be cheering again, praying for their success..and loving every moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment