Sunday, January 17, 2010

If you want to feel rich, then count the things that money can't buy!

I am so excited to be going to Ikea tomorrow with my mom. I have a list filled with gizmo's and gadgets.My comfy shoes are at the front door ready to be pressed with force through the many isles of Ikea. Just as exhilarating is the .50 cent hot dog we will devour at lunch time...its going to be great!!
One of my new projects in the house is a table/bar console that I an arranging in my front hallway.
This is a picture from Pottery Barn, which is a place that I use to shop long before Paul became laid off. Its been a good six months and there really is no talk of him going back to work anytime soon. Thankfully, we as a family are perfectly happy and content with this situation...for now. However what comes with less income is less spending. Typically I wouldn't have thought twice about spending 1,5000 dollars on a table that I absolutely loved or had to have. Well, lately...things have changed and I have had to change my way of spending. Instead of heading out to Toronto and casually slipping into Pottery Barn to spend a ridiculous amount of money, I went to Urban Barn..right here in Cambridge and spent 300.00 dollars on a most fabulous bar/table console. It is just as nice as the one featured in this picture, and I am over the moon thrilled with the price.


I am certainly much happier having my husband home with me, spending time with me and the kids, helping out with Braden every single day, taking the physical work away from me during the day and being avavilable for all the appointments we face weekly
I would much perfer less money, saving more, spending less and changing our lifestyle one dollar at a time, then going back to living a life of stress, anxiety, pain, and at times frustrations due to my inability to no longer care for Braden effectively.
I am not too sure how long this new life will last, but for know we are enjoying the quiet mornings, afternoon coffee's, walks in the park (with the dogs) and the many chats we have about life, kids and where our future is going to take us. It's kinda exciting not having a plan, not knowing where we are going to be in 5 years. This is the first time ever in all our years together that we have NOT had a plan, and guess what we don't care!! We are enjoying the moment...every moment!
I have taken this picture from Pottery Barn to show you a cost analysis of this project I have been working on. By the end of the week I will have my version of this picture in my very own kitchen/hallway. Except my version will NOT cost thousands of dollars, mine will be cost efficient and just as beautiful. I promise to post my picture on Friday..just a little hint, I love the prices at Ikea!!
On a side note, my Cambridge Turbo girls kicked ass in Whitby and beat them 7-5..it was a sweat victory! Way to go ladies, I am so proud of each of you!!

2 comments:

  1. So awesome Chrissy! Can't wait to see the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear the hammering way over here in Preston.... Looking forward to the pics... Congratulations to the girls on their victory.

    ReplyDelete