Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dunfield Theatre Cambridge and Bounty Enterprises Presents: The Masters

Last night myself, Kailey and my parents went down to the Dunfield Theatre to see The Masters. It was show that consisted of songs performed by singers who looked liked like and sounded like, Rod Stewert, Frankie Valli, Englebird Humperdink and Neil Diamond.

You know, it was actually a really good time!! Most of the songs they sang were very relatable not only to me..but to Kailey too. Although I contribute that to our awesome parenting cause we did raise our children listening to all sorts of music from all decades. I was very proud of Kailey, I had asked her to come last night after we realized Paul wasn't able too. Unfortunately she had a ringette tournament that she had to miss on yesterday. She agreed to come and without any arguments gave up her Saturday night to entertain me and my parents by attending this concert with us. That says alot of a 17 yr old teenage girl...giving up her ringette games, getting together with friends...and a girls night at the cottage. She sat through this concert, she clapped, sang and smiled the whole evening. Thank you Kailey it meant so much to me! Before we went to this concert Kailey and I went to dinner at the Red Basil, we love that place. It was nice to sit with her, have some one to one time just her and I. There seemed to be catching up too do so it was a perfect opportunity. I can not believe how fast grade 12 is going by...actually I can't beleive how fast highschool has goine by. We've been lucky with her...highschool wasn't to great for Braden, he didn't have the same experience that his sister did. Sometimes I wish i hadn't gone back to school to become a nurse because I had left him during those highschool years. Maybe his experience would have been different if I had been around? Maybe I could have put more of an effort into things for him and we could have avoided the problems he suffered through. Thankfully however, college was a better experience for him and he still has some highschool friends that he sees regularily. More importantly, even though he hated highschool..at least he finished it, and he did finish with great grades. As for Kailey, we got lucky with her. She met a really great group of girls in grade 9, and still today they are friends. What I like most about these girls...very minimal drama...VERY minimal. Well my friends, I am off...Paul and I are celebrating our valentines day today!! Here's to 25 Valentine kisses with the same man~

No comments:

Post a Comment