Friday, February 28, 2014

It's been a much happier be-lated birthday...



This year, unfortunately on my birthday I was deathly ill. If you have ever been sick on your birthday then you would know how it feels. It certainly didn't feel like a day of celebrations. I missed an evening out with a dear friend, and a lovely dinner on Thursday. Thankfully we can reschedule dinner with friends, and tonight we celebrated with family. No big deal....its not about the day, its about spending time with the family. I am just happy that I felt well enough to get together with my parents.
Whenever any mom gets sick I am sure the household goes into disarray, but when I get sick all hell breaks loose. lol...For poor Paul anyways, he doesn't only have to worry about going to his job outside of the house, he has to do the job inside the house as well. The poor guy got no sleep Tuesday night, I kept him up vomitting from 3;30am to 7:30am, then he had to get Braden up as our nurse doesn't come in until Thursday mornings. Thankfully Braden was fine with getting up an hour early on Wednesday morning, Paul explained that I was sick and he understood. Paul fed the dogs, made Braden a lunch left him out drinks that he could reach, he filled my bathroom with toilet paper, brought me water, medication and went into work late. I did not get out of bed until mid afternoon, and Paul sent me a text telling me he would stop at Swiss Chalet to bring home some chicken noodle soup. He brought dinner home, cleaned the kitchen, fed the family, did some laundry, brought me some gingerale and medication...and he even agreed to watch American Idol with me once I came downstairs to have a quick visit with him. At bed time he stayed up until 11pm, to put Braden into bed...and once again Braden sacrificed his own time to accomadate my illness. Thankfully Thursday morning our nurse was in and everything started to resume back to normal life. Kailey took me to Sobeys so we could get some food in this house. I probably should have just sent her with a list, but sometimes its good to push yourself a little bit.
I truly am one blessed woman, and I thank god daily for him. He has always been so attentive to my needs, he has always taken such good care of his family. Thank you to all of them who did such a good job while I was down and out, love you guys!!
Before all this went down, last Monday I had a lovely dinner with a dear friend. She treated me out to a wonderful dinner at the Blackshop here in Cambridge. Its a pretty prestigious restaurant, so the meal was wonderful and dessert topped it off perfectly. She also surprised me with these lovely flowers, just so pretty and pink..the way I like them!
  Below is picture of dessert we had, it was so good. Thanks so much Candy for the wonderful evening it was so nice to catch up~
 
 
 
 
 
 
With not being able to celebrate  last night, I had the priveledge to be with family this evening. On a sad note...dear Kailey has caught the bug that I so badly suffered with. My poor girl couldn't join us for dinner, or enjoy one of these yummy cupcakes. It was a quiet birthday, but one spent with those I love. Thank you to my parents for the most beautiful new Fossil watch, I LOVE it!! You guys are the best!
 
 
Ella wore her new party dress to momma's birthday tonight. Its her favorite, its says Mommy's little Princess on it...she's precious~
 
Well my Zeta's, I'm out...its been a rough few days but I am on the mend...just have to get the girl feeling better. On a happier note, I have come to find out that I have a few new little readers' of this blog that I am excited to hear about. Just hoping maybe I could encourage some of them to blog...I bet they'd be great at it~ To those special few...thanks for reading, you know who you are ;) good night my friends and god bless~

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday dinner. I loved it. Was so nice to catch up with you and celebrate your bday as we always do every year. It is so important to me to take time every year to celebrate our bdays together. I am so glad you loved your flowers, just something to say how important you are to me. I am so sorry you became so sick over your bday celebrations. I felt so bad not a nice way to celebrate this special day. I am also glad you spent it with your family. I am glad you are on the mend and have a wonderful family to help you and support you through everything. Happy Birthday my friend. To many more celebrations ahead. Cheers!
    I love Ellas dress lol, she is so cute. Feel better
    love you lots!

    ReplyDelete